Tuesday, October 21, 2008

This is me stealing Mike's thunder (and one of the best photos)

So, I know that at any moment Mike is putting the zillions of pictures we have onto facebook, but I can't wait any longer to show you all this one (click to enlarge):

For those that couldn't tell, this is the world's largest frying pan. For those who also did not know, I'm from Long Beach, NY and this is Long Beach, Washington. Both cities are little beach towns. LB Washington has a Kite Shop. Along the west coast we have run into many a quaint kite shop I have had us stop in and love. I'll save the details for the photos, but a kite has been purchased.

Yes, it is true, my little Kitty is here. She's lovely and being a great addition to the group. She did the TWO DAY drive from Portland to San Fran. It was a trek of a drive, I tell you. We thought it would take 18 hours, but it took 24 hours and was divided into two 12 hour days. On top of it, for about the last 8 hours of day two's drive, we were all nauseous because of the windy, windy, windy and tiny, tiny, tiny cliff-side Highway 1 and 101. The views were fantastic, fantastic, fantastic. Ginormous rocks in the ocean! Small little towns! Roads of nothing but cliffs and no bathrooms for miles and miles and miles. We also found a giant T-Rex at about 10pm the first night.


The group has pulled it together and we are going to go get some Mexican for lunch, then groceries. We've been doing quite well with eating in. Aside from when we are on the road we really do not eat out. Go us! After lunch, we are going to City Lights, the big ol' bookstore owned my Lawrence Ferlinghetti!


love. love. love. and more to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Album cover of Kim's second EP.