Monday, September 8, 2008

Hello from Denver!

So so so so so so so much to discuss with everyone. We got into Denver late last night and finally feel like we can slow down. And that we're on vacation. We've got a full on house here with a basement and grill and a backyard. It's the largest of the places we've rented, so we better not get used to it.

Speaking of housing, we've been so super spoiled so far with our hosts in the various cities. Stephen and Kimi and Shannon and Amanda hooked it up in Chicago and Uncle Jim and Brad in Omaha. We've only done one shady hotel in Wichita (the aforementioned Motel 6), so we don't feel like we're roughing it hardcore roadtrip style, at least not yet. And we're thankful for that.

Chicago - Feels like we were there a month ago, or maybe just 1000 miles ago. I'm downloading all my pictures and videos from everything as we speak, or as I speak, so that will help me remember all of our adventures. Here's a video from world famous Wrigley Field! We went to a Cubs game! They lost.


Alright, there's a lot of media to go through here, let me get a little organized and then I'll slam them all in your faces.

But I will explain the "Suck my lumos" since my mother asked me to. One day, whilst walking around Chicago, Kim, Lizz and I discovered that it is extremely fun to shout Harry Potter spells in thick, Long Island accents, "Lumos!" being a particular favorite, along with "Alohamora!" Later, as sleep deprivation set in, we started speaking almost completely in these accents, which you will see in future videos, and started using "Lumos" as all parts of speech in all sorts of phrases, including the new insult "Suck my lumos!" If you don't get this, go read Harry Potter, or ask someone that has. Also, we might be speaking in tongues by the time we return.

Have a fun Monday!

UPDATE: I just put some photos on Flickr, but haven't finished captioning. Check out my little Chicago set here: http://flickr.com/photos/30252772@N05/sets/72157607185221157/detail/

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh, that was good. Oh, I needed those.

Shaunna said...

yeah thank god for this. made my day. can't wait to see denver pics.. i want to go there so so bad!

love n kisses,
me