Sunday, September 21, 2008

Strummin' on streeeeet lights

In Seattle, after a 14 hour drive yesterday. It went well. Is it surprising to anyone else that we have been getting along on all these drives? We have. It's impressive. And surprising, I think. Not having more time in Yellowstone was a bummer. We saw old faithful erupt! We drank expensive wine (obtained by John Smart) from out of the bottle, had a massive (but safe!) fire going with fire that we collected and chopped (sean chopped) ourselves, and I read Dobby's death scene aloud (harry potter, for those not in the know) around said fire and we wept like babies. We hit many a, for lack of a more PC word, hick town the past few days. I'll save those stories for the other road trippers to post on.

We spent the day wandering around a farmer's market and then reading in the park. It was one of my favorite afternoons thus far on the road trip. Bold statement, but quite true. It's hard not to think about post-road trip life and become stressed, but I'm keeping it at a minimum as best I can. Anyway, there were quite a few Thompkin Square types around which was well welcomed by yours truly, as always (the crazies have found me in full force on this road trip, friends).

Kim and I are almost done with Harry Potter. FINALLY. We both also spend a good amount of time talking about missing claire and luke, respectively.

Grocery shopping this evening was a much more fluid event than last time. none of you care about this.

While Mikey and I made dinner, Kim and Sean befriended the eight Canadians that are living in the upstairs of our house here. We are going to spend the night with them. They're all married to one another and in their 30's. Apparently they really enjoyed Kim and Sean and have welcomed us into the top half of the home for the evening. (If nothing else, they have a washer and dryer that we have already received permission to use tonight).

PAUL! The mints. I don't think you could know how much we enjoy them. The bag itself is only half empty, which is a bit of a mystery to me. All we do is eat them. When someone is given a mint, the giver yells a number and that is the amount thrown at the recipient. For example, while I am sitting shotgun while Mike drives, if he asks me to grab him a mint, I will also yell "SEVEN" and thrown them to Kim and Sean in the back who will quickly grab at them while the rest hide themselves in the crevices of Ol' Bessy.

The team is waiting for me to head up to the Canadians, so I must depart. Michael is planning on posting photos tomorrow, tentatively. Did I tell everyone I dropped my camera in a swamp we were climbing over. I was so angry with myself. I fished it out, but it's simply a very expensive paper weight now.

3 comments:

Katie said...

IMPORTANT TO KIM AND LIZZ: Call me when you finish Harry Potter. I know you are both really close. I'm sorry I don't respond to your text messages regarding who has died, but that's only because so many people have died. Anyway, yes, call. I'm eating a banana at work; I enjoyed this post for its detail.

Paul Tsikitas said...

I'm very glad and flabergasted that the mints are still alive!!

Kitty said...

You can add that camera to the pile of digital cameras you have managed to drop at unfortunate times.